During the cold winter months, it is crucial to guarantee your home is heated properly to ensure your pipes don’t freeze and you are comfortable with the temperature. While your home heating system is the best way to assure your home is at the most comfortable temperature, it may not always be available. This is why it is essential to have alternatives for your home heating, including the following:
While it may seem too classical, sitting next to a warm fireplace will not only give you comforting heat, but it will also set a festive environment. On top of all of this, it is the best way to conserve heating energy. Here are some tips to stay safe while staying comfortable with a fireplace:
- Open and close the damper while in use.
- Keep flammable belongings away from the fire while in use.
- Ensure all other heating sources are minimized to save heating energy.
Space heaters have become one of the most common ways for alternative heating. While it is important to have proper safety while using a space heater, they are a great way to heat up your home using a variety of fuel sources. Here are some tips to stay safe while staying warm with a space heater:
- Ensure your flammable belongings are away from the heating source while in use.
- Keep an eye on the device every so often.
- Depending on the fuel source, an electric-powered device may overheat so it is crucial to avoid keeping them for too long.
For more information or any questions about alternative heating methods for your home, contact Leith HVAC today.